This banana bread recipe is actually very similar to a previous one
I've baked and loved. Instead of maple syrup and almond milk, I subbed with honey and Greek yogurt and upped the amount of coconut oil from 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup. The resulting loaf is lightly sweetened with a moist interior and a nice crust.
If you have an extra egg, banana and don't mind some refined sugar, try this other recipe
I have on the blog! For now, this healthier version will be on my regular rotation. It makes for a nice grab and go breakfast treat for those dreadful early work mornings.
recipe adapted from Gimme Delicious
1/3 cup (70g) melted coconut oil
1/4 cup (85g) honey
1/4 cup (57g) Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas*
1 3/4 cups (210g) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (75g) chopped walnuts
*I mashed 3 medium sized bananas
1. Pre-heat oven to 325F. Grease and line a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, honey, milk and vanilla for 2 minutes. Stir in mashed bananas, flour mixture, and add ons.
4. Pour batter into lined pan.
5. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Post a Comment