Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cranberry Almond Biscotti


^my army of biscotti waiting for consumption

Yup. I told you I liked the Cranberry Walnut Biscotti recipe(:
Here's another batch with almonds substituting the walnuts.

I used silvered almonds instead of the sliced almonds, which wasn't a very wise decision. I think I would much prefer the sliced almonds as the silvered ones taste a little stale in the biscotti. Or I think I should have tried toasting the silvered almonds beforehand. But anywhos, they are still mucho delicious (thanks to the dough itself)!

This time, I also reduced the second baking time. I baked the biscotti for only 4 minutes more after cutting them into slices. The biscotti were noticeably softer and more crumbly. I think baking them the full 8 minutes yields a more authentic and crunchy/ toasty bite, which was just perfect. (:


^I made the full biscotti recipe (2 logs) for the first time. The texture of the dough was wetter and easier to handle.

*I need to try some with pistachio! They add a nice green touch to the appearance(: And I need to get some white chocolate. White and dark chocolate drizzles. Mhmm! Ohh, or a matcha dough base? Yum!

------------SOMETHING NEW!
Yay. I was invited by Lisa to be a part of her new linky called "Sweets for a Saturday" Head over to her blog "Sweet as Sugar Cookies" and check out what delicious goods her and others have made!

ANDANDAND! Thanks Miz Helen for hosting and inviting me to her "Full Plate Thursday" linky! Check out what else is going on at "Miz Helen's Country Cottage"

14 comments:

  1. biscotti are the perfect addition to my morning glass of milk.
    i love slivered almonds, can't stand the sliced ones :)) guess its up to each ones' taste.

    have a wonderful rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I'm a big fan of biscotti and have made cranberry almond ones as well. Yours look delicious. I'm starting a new linky on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-1_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't have walnuts, but I adore almonds. I've bookmarked this recipe - I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sara! Can't wait to see your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up. I appreciate your support. Regarding slicing biscotti, I always use a serrated knife and I've found that it's easiest if you slice the biscotti as soon as you've finished the first baking. If you let it cool before slicing it, it's more likely to harden and crumble. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eva,
    Biscotti is one of my favorite treats to have with afternoon tea. Your Cranberry Almond Biscotti looks very good. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday, the linky will be open all week end. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love biscotti and these look delicious!

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good Luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eva, thanks for visiting my blog. Re. your questions on the Paper Wrapped Cakes (紙包蛋糕)cake molds, I got them from a bakery store in Hong Kong. Here's the link for their website. http://www.twinsco.com/GenProduct.php?pdtcode=614081 Unfortunately, they don't sell over the internet but only in store. I always purchase a lot of products from them whenever I travel back to HKG (my home country). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first biscotti I ever made was cranberry - orange - almond and it is still my favorite. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Hoping very much that you might come link this recipe up to my weekly event Seasonal Sundays! I think my readers would be thrilled to see this recipe :)
    -Brittany-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Eva,
    Thank you so much for bringing you wonderful Cranberry Almond Biscotti to Full Plate Thursday and please come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love biscotti. Dip it in a hot milo or chocolate. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look yummy! I second the idea of drizzling them with white chocolate. It would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The biscotti you made looks yummy! I need to try making some! Pistachios sound like they'd be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete