Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Whole Wheat Blueberry Scones


Blueberry scones are among the top things I love eating and baking. This time, I experimented with subbing all the AP flour in the original recipe with White Whole Wheat Flour. You  know.. just making them a bit more nutritious and guilt-free if I happen to eat more than one in a sitting.


The dough was such a dream to handle and shape. It was not too crumbly or too sticky like some of my previous time. It was perfect.. as perfect and easy as buzzfeed or youtube videos make baking seems.


The resulting scones were moist and remained moist! They were delicate and had loose tender crumbs that instantly break apart and dissolve as they hit your tongue. I love everything about this more nutritious scones except for the lack of a hard crunchy shell.. Room for improvements!


*I subbed with 226g of www flour and used coconut sugar.
*Find recipe here. And a step by step photo tutorial here.


No comments:

Post a Comment