Sweet nutty almonds baked on top of buttery shortbread. These cookies came out exactly how I had imagined.
recipe adapted from HidaMari Cooking
75g unsalted butter, room temperature
50g powdered sugar *lower next time to 20g
25g egg (about half of an egg)
10g almond flour
100g cake flour
pinch of salt
1. Cream together butter and sugar until sugar is dissolved
2. Mix in eggs slowly until combined.
3. Sift in almond flour, cake flour, and salt. Using spatula, cut and fold till just combined.
4. Between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper, roll into a rectangle about 5mm thickness.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
20g unsalted butter
30g heavy creamy
75g sliced almonds
1. In small pot, combined all ingredients except sliced almonds.
2. Bring to a bubbling boil, turn off heat, and mix in almonds.
3. Pour on top of baked sable and evenly spread out almonds into thin layers.
4. Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes.
Free forming these cookies led to some burnt edges. But burnt edges aside, look at how deliciously golden brown and toasty the almonds got.
We still pick out some of the "less burnt" edges to snack on!
Tasty: 4.5 stars out of 5
Will lower the sugar in the shortbread next time and probably up the salt to balance out the sweet honey almond nougat.
Texture: 5 stars out of 5
Crispy and kept well for days!