Thursday, September 15, 2011
Sour Cream Coffee Cake!!
Bookmark this recipe now! It's so worth a try or two or three or more! It's absolutely delicious! The cake itself is buttery, moist and fluffy. And the cinnamon sugar nutty layers just push that cake to perfection. The crunch of the walnuts goes oh so well with the moistness of the cake(: Ahhh, bake it now! My mouth is watering just from writing this.
I wanted to try this recipe so bad that even though I had way less than 12oz of sour cream in the fridge.. I went ahead with the baking. It came out really good still! So I can't imagine how much more perfect and moist-er this cake can get!
Absolutely divine. You will see me make this cake quite a lot from now on!
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
-recipe adapted gimme some oven
- makes one 9x13 or 8x8 pan
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar* (I used around 3/4 cup)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 (12 oz) container of sour cream* (I used a little less than 8oz)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs to the mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream and vanilla. Mix until combined.
5. Then pour half of the batter into a greased 9″x13″ baking pan, and sprinkle with half of the topping.
6. Add the remainder of the batter on top, and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Taste: 5 stars out of 5
Texture: 5 stars out of 5