Thursday, May 31, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend bakes recap


I baked two of my tried and trusted recipes - Blueberry Scones (step by step tutorial here) and Matcha Chiffon (recipe here) this past weekend. Both recipes are similar in that they are relatively simple and quick to put together.




For the blueberry scones, I used up some whipped cream I had left over from this Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cake. The scones turned out with no difference, but I did have to add a couple tablespoon of milk to the dough since it was too crumbly and dry to shape.





For the matcha chiffon, I went heavy on the matcha and enjoyed the more prominent matcha flavor.







These two recipes along with banana bread are probably my most repeated bakes.

Hope you all had a nice long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment