Sunday, August 21, 2011

Simple Sponge Cake

On one of those spontaneous lazy afternoons..

I had a sudden urge to eat bake/decorate a simple strawberry layered cake.

I didn't want to use any tried recipes.

So, I did a quick search online..

And after a few hours, here's what I created.



Sponge Cake
-makes one 6" round

60g cake flour
3 eggs, room temperature
40g sugar
25-30g oil or melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Beat egg with sugar until stiff
3. Sift flour into egg mixture in 2-3 batches and whisk
4. Add oil and whisk lightly
5. Bake for 25 minutes



*For a chocolate sponge cake, reduce cake flour to 50 cake and add 10g of cocoa powder


^trimmed(;

The sponge cake turned out to be on the dense/firm side (*good for doing layers). Overall, a good and acceptable* recipe for those lazy days.


^my strawberrilicious layer

Taste: 3.5 stars out of 5 (nothing out of the ordinary)
Texture: 3.5 stars out of 5 (I prefer an airy-er and lighter cake)

No comments:

Post a Comment