Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sweet bun again. Tuna Bun!



Same sweet bun recipe but this time I substituted 20g of all-purpose with custard powder. The dough was super sticky during kneading (completely different from previous times). However, after letting the dough double its size during the first proofing, it became less sticky and easier to handle with.


^fluffy!

Substituting with custard powder made the buns softer and more airy in texture. Not sure if it's just due to the slightly longer proofing time or the custard powder itself. I will try substituting all-purpose with bread flour next time! (Note: the buns turned out bigger this time. longer proofing time?)


^before& after

Lately, I am having so much fun coming up with different combination of filling and topping. This time, I filled the buns with some canned tuna, mashed hard broiled eggs, mayonnaise and black pepper. Brushed with an egg white glaze and topped it with some Mexican Topping piped lines. In addition, I also experimented with making some twisty looking hot-dog buns when I ran out of the tuna fillings. :p



Tuna Filling
*approximate numbers
1 can of tuna (~170g)
5 tbsp of mayonnaise
plenty of black pepper
2 hard boiled eggs, mashed

Mix everything together in small bowl. And fill in buns.



Mwhaha! Call me the Bread Master.

1 comment: