Monday, May 24, 2010

Alfredo Farfalle



Smoked ham and corn go so well with this Alfredo sauce. It was kind of a spur of the moment that I decided to replace the frozen mixed vegetables that I normally use with corn. The sweetness of the corn brilliantly diluted the creamy and somewhat greasy texture of the (store-bought) sauce and made the sauce taste ten times better (if not more). There is nothing fancy in making this dish-- cook pasta, drain, mix, season (with lots and lots of black pepper) &serve. Perfect dorm food.

__________________________
Look out for the influx of posts in the coming week because I am baking till I drop this weekend! Woohoo.. I shall be experimenting with sponge cake, swiss roll, egg tart, puff pastry .. and more if time permits(:

2 comments:

  1. May I ask what is the brand name of the (store-bought) sauce?

    I can also picture adding some broccoli in this dish. What do you think lol?

    P.S. I like the shape of this pasta, so cute!
    can't wait for your weekend yummy creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was using Newman's Own Alfredo Sauce. And yes, broccoli would be nice too. Thanks for the suggestion. I shall add that in next time(:

    ReplyDelete