I would be lying if I say these cookies are better than my all time favorite ALL BUTTER freeze and ready cookies. Butter seriously makes everything better. Sorry arteries! But when the cookie cravings hit and there's no butter to be found around the house, I promise these cookies do not disappoint!
When fresh from the oven, these cookies take on a crisp bite with a moist and light interior. I baked two batches - one on a lighter colored pan and one on a darker colored pan. For the ones on the lighter pan, I baked at 375F for 13 mins. The darker pan browned the cookies a little quicker, and I took them out at 10 mins.
How do you like my little glass of almond milk and my mini cake stand? They spark so much joy!
EVOO Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Chopped Pecans
recipe halved/ adapted from Displaced Housewife
makes about 18 cookies
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/8 cup dark brown sugar*
3/8 cup sugar*
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
3/4 cup bread flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Coarse sea salt for dusting
|Mix together the wet ingredients|
|Sift dry ingredients and fold with wet|
|Fold in any add in's|
1. In a large bowl, mix together oil, brown and granulated sugar, vanilla extract and egg until fully incorporated.
2. Over the large bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
3. Using a spatula, fold until almost blended.
4. Add in chocolate and nuts and fold into dough until just blended.
5. With a tbsp cookie scoop, portion dough balls into an air tight freezer friendly container.
6. [Next day] Preheat oven to 375F. Remove pre- portioned dough balls from freezer and place on silpat lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes until edges are browned.**
8. Sprinkle sea salt on top and let cool.
*skipped by accident and added all dark brown sugar
**10 mins on darker colored pan and 13 mins on lighter colored pan
|so chewy and moist!|
Taste: 3.5 stars out of 5
An almost savory undertone from the EVOO. Next time, I would add 3/4 cup of chocolate chunks for more chocolate- ness!
Texture: 4 stars out of 5
I only had these when fresh from the oven, they were slightly crisp with a chewy center. The combination of oil, all brown sugar and bread flour definitely made these cookies soft and chewy.