Black Sesame Cookies
recipe adapted from Just One Cookbook
made ~24 cookies
1 stick unsalted butter
160g AP flour
40g almond meal
pinch of salt
30g ground black sesame seeds**
10g roasted black sesame seeds**
1 egg yolk
*reduced sugar from 80g
**original recipe calls for 40g roasted black sesame seeds
|straight out of food processor|
1. Cut butter into small cubes and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
2. Combine AP flour, almond meal, sugar, salt, and 30g sesame seeds in food processor. Mix.
3. Add butter in food processor and mix/ pulse.
4. Add 10g sesame seeds and yolk. Mix.
5. Transfer to a separate bowl and thoroughly mix and form into a ball.
6. Cut the ball in half and roll into 2" log.
7. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 350F. Cut log into 1/4" thick slices.
9. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
(Mine took 18 minutes and 2 minutes cooling in oven while it's off)
11. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Taste: 3 stars out of 5
There's a strange raw taste. From the almonds? Black sesame?
Sweetness was on point with reduced sugar.
Texture: 3 stars out of 5
Crumble upon bite.
Parents approved of the cookies. But some changes I'd like to make for next time is definitely slice them thinner and see if they turns out more crisp.