La Fuji Mama
-makes 12 big donuts or 24 mini donuts*
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 and 1/3 cup mochiko or sweet rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
Little lemon zest
Powdered sugar or melted white chocolate for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together the beaten eggs, honey, sugar, and milk until well mixed.
3. whisk in the mochiko and baking powder until combined.
4. Finally, whisk in the butter.
5. Pour the batter into donut baking pan.
6. Bake the donuts for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Gently run a butter knife around the edges of each donut to loosen them in the pan, then turn them out onto a cooling rack. Top the donuts as desired.
Taste: 5 stars out of 5
Texture: 4 stars out of 5 (missing a nice crunch)