Thursday, April 5, 2012

Almond Tart Shell



I felt like I haven't been able to put my tart pans to use..so decided to try this recipe that only calls for some basic ingredients that I always have on hand. The recipe can make one 7" round tart, but I decided to make some mini ones and just scoop whipped cream and eat them. I was able to get 6 tarts out of it.

Almond Tart
recipe from Dessert & Bakery DIY
-makes one 7" tart
45g unsalted butter
36g confectioner sugar
72g bread flour
18g almond flour
12g yolk
few drops of vanilla

1. Oil tart pan and line with parchment.
2. Mix butter, sugar, and flour together.
3. Add yolk and vanilla and mix.
4. Roll out and lay on pan.
5. Poke holes with fork.
6. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.



These tarts are not the flaky kind. They are cookie- like and have a nice crunch. I think I over-baked them a little so they were extra crunchy. I liked it tho. With the sweetened whipped cream and toasted coconut on top, this makes a simple and delicious snack!

Taste: 3.5 stars out of 5 (The almond taste doesn't come out too much. Next time, I will try substituting more of the bread flour for almond flour(:)
Texture: 4 starts out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment