Sunday, August 21, 2011
recipe from Food-4Tots
-makes 26-28 crisps
2 large egg white, room temperature
50g plain flour, sieved twice
60g castor sugar
30g butter, melted and cool
100g almond flakes
1. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven at 180°C or 350F.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg white with a hand whisk until you see white bubbles. 4. Add in sugar and beat in circular movement until the sugar dissolves.
5. Add in flour and mix till no traces of flour and lump-free.
6. Use a spatula to fold in almond flakes until well-combined.
7. Stir in melted butter and mix well.
8. Spoon 1/3 or 1/2 tablespoon of mixture on the baking tray. Spread out into a round shape (about 2cm diameter) or any other shapes you like using a spoon.
9. Bake at 170°C or 340F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (rotate tray if there's uneven coloring)
10. Remove from the oven, leave to cool and then store into an air-tight container.
Thin. Crisp. Nutty. &Healthy? Almonds/ Nuts= Healthy*
These crisps or cookies literally took seconds to pull together once you have all the ingredients. Give them a simple whisk, mix and fold.. and they are ready for baking. My mom and I loved these cookies. We couldn't stop snacking on them once they have cooled and crisped up even more. And let me point out one thing -> there's definitely no guilt when you eat too much of these.. rather light cookies that use only egg whites!
Overall, great cookies for the almond fans out there(:
Taste: 5 stars out of 5 (almondy- sweetness)
Texture: 4.5 stars out of 5 (crisp and slightly chewy)