Continuing the mini 6inch cake theme from last post, here's my 6inch New York cheesecake! I have been wanting to make New York cheesecake for a while, but I was always so thrown off by the huge amount of cream cheese it needs. Well, I guess it makes sense. The more cream cheese you have, the richer the cheesecake is. But yeah, I just couldn't let such an indulgent and guilty treat come to life.. and into the stomach of my loved ones.
But hey!! I found the perfect solution: a MINI New York cheesecake!
A little bit won't hurt(:
New York Cheesecake
-recipe from translated from Dessert & Bakery DIY
-makes one 6inch round cake
282g cream cheese, room temperature
63g melted butter
113g or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
1tsp lemon juice
1/2tsp lemon zest
50g sour cream
1. Oil and flour pan (skipped; I made a graham cracker crust instead)
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar till no bumps
3. Add eggs in 5-6 batches, each batch beat for 2 minutes
4. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Thoroughly mix
5. Bake at 338F for 30-35 minutes
6. Beat sour cream and sugar till sugar no bumps/ sugar dissolves
7. Pour on top of cheesecake after cheesecake is done
8. Return cake back in oven for an additional 5-10 minutes
Nomnomnom! Rich, decadent and perfect for a family of 4 to consume within a week. (:
I especially love the addition of sour cream on the top of the cheesecake. It adds a tangy-ness and sweet-ness that balances out the heavy-ness of the cream cheese! And not to mention, the sour cream made for a lovely presentation too!
Taste: 5 stars out of 5
Texture: 5 stars out of 5