Sunday, December 12, 2010

Avocado Cream Cheese Cookies



Avocado and cream cheese in a cookie? And poppy seed?!?! The sound of this cookie is intriguing enough. I never thought about combining those ingredients into one cookie. The result? Mm, buttery goodness. A little heavy I should say. But the color green just makes it seem that much healthier. Haha.

I was a bit frustrated when pipping these. Mainly because I don't have any suitable pipping tips. I ended up pipping without the tip and only with the plastic ring, which surprisingly was the size I was aiming for. They came out looking okay. The simple scooped out ones turned out pretty cute too. I had them in the oven for a bit longer for that golden brown toasty look. I love it. Green and brown are such great combination. The poppy seed also adds a nice little touch to them. The dough of this cookie reminded me so much of kiwi<3



Avocado Cream Cheese Cookies
recipe from Angie's recipe
yields around 35 small cookies

100 g Butter
1/2 Avocado, mashed
120 g 0.1% Cream cheese
120 g Sugar
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp Poppy seeds
230 g All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda

1. Line 2-3 baking trays with paper.
2. Cream butter, mashed avocado, cream cheese, and sugar together.
3. Add lemon juice and poppy seeds, and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add in flour, baking soda and mix until incorporated.
5. Fill your piping bag fitted with a star tip half full with cookie batter and pipe out cookies onto the prepared trays. (Alternatively you can use a cookie gun to press any desired patterned cookies.)
6. Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden.
8. Transfer them on the wire rack to cool.



Texture-wise, these cookies are more toward the chewy side. I liked that. Sort of a cross between cake and mochi. The outer layer has a slight crunch to them when they were fresh from the oven. Overnight, the ones that I left in the oven for a little longer was still a little crunchy. The other ones were just soft. I give these 4 stars out of 5 for texture( :

Taste-wise, I was expecting more given the name of these. I couldn't taste much of the cream cheese nor avocado. The butter was definitely prominent. I want to say that theses are shortbread-like. 3.5 stars out of 5 for taste.

1 comment: