Sunday, April 25, 2010
A toast topped with avocado and scrambled eggs..
So, I thought I would treat myself something delightful this morning since the stir-fry from last night was just disgusting. Yup, disgusting. I don't often describe food as disgusting.. but that was just. blegh. ): I swear I can make much better fried rice if I tried. I believe I ordered it with thai peanut sauce but it was nothing peanut-y tasting. I can't even point my finger to what it really was. It might have been a combination of all their sauce (they don't wash their pans in between orders!)
Well, anyways!! After my night of recupration from my ochem midterm and all day biochem studying, I vacuumed and cooked. &Now, I am off to my 4 hours review session. Happy Sunday everyone!
Avocado+ Scrambled Egg Toast
1 slice of 12- grain bread
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 egg, scrambled
plenty of onions, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
2 slices of smoked ham, chopped
salt and pepper to season
spoonful of olive oil
1. Heat pan over medium heat. Pour and even out oil in pan. Meanwhile, toast the bread and scramble an egg in a bowl.
2. Sauté the onions till translucent.
3. Add in ham and tomato.
4. Season with pepper and salt.
5. Add the egg on top of the onions, ham& tomato and stir gently. When toast is lightly browned, take it out and smother the chopped avocado on top. Return back in oven for 30 seconds.
8. When the egg is cooked thoroughly, serve on the avocado topped toast!