As mentioned in last Matcha Biscotti post, many more biscotti bakes are coming your way. This second recipe is filled with Christmas vibes- featuring RED dried cranberries, GREEN pistachios, and WHITE chocolate chips. The almond extract totally brought these to another level.
Rated 4.8/5 with 1094 reviews, this recipe from allrecipes.com lives up to expectations.
Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Biscotti
recipe adapted from All Recipes
makes about 22 pieces
1/4 cup (52g) canola oil *original calls for olive oil
~ 3/8 cup (78g) sugar *reduced from 150g
1/2 tsp vanilla extract *reduced from 2 tsp
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 3/4 cup (219g) AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/8 cup (54g) dried cranberries *reduced from 1/2 cup
1/2 cup (68g) shelled pistachios *reduced from 1 1/2 cup
1/4 cup (42g) white chocolate chips *not called for
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended.
3. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in eggs.
4. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture.
5. Mix in cranberries, nuts and chocolate chips by hand.
6. Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
7. Bake for 35 minutes in preheated oven, or until logs are light brown.
8. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
9. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
10. Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
The dough was on the sticky side, so I just popped them straight onto my silpat and formed the log with wet hands. There were some crumbling when sliced but mostly due to the bigger pieces of mix in's. After second bake, the biscottis were firmer but still light and delicate. The texture of these is less dry and more melt-in-your-mouth which my family and I really love.
Feel free to add any mix-in's to your liking, but don't skip out on the almond extract!
My mom gave her thumbs up approval, and my dad's comment was "make more better." I am actually quadrupling the batch later this week to gift them out for the holidays!
Taste: 5 stars out of 5
Great almond aroma and nutty flavor. Love the tarty sweetness of the cranberries!
Texture: 5 stars out of 5
Delicate, light and crisp!
Post a Comment