Sunday, October 12, 2014

Clean Eats- Overnight Oats




A little late on the trend, but I've been wanting to try these overnight oats since I discovered them on Instagram. Such a cute idea to make them in mason jars for a quick on the road breakfast. You can prep a weekworth of these ahead of time and top them with whatever your heart desires on the day of. No excuse to not eat healthy now.




For my first time, I decided to keep the flavor profile simple and basic. The night before, I combined equal parts of old fashioned oats, almond milk, and Greek yogurt and a tablespoonful of chia seeds in the jar. Close the lid and give it a good shake and in the fridge they go!

*honey drizzles*

In the morning, you are greeted with a pretty thick goopy mixture. I topped mine with some French Vanilla Granola, bananas, and sliced almonds, then drizzled with a generous amount of honey.

The oats were chewy and had a really good texture. The unpleasant Greek yogurt sour-ness taste was somewhat masked with the sweetness from the toppings. Overnight oats are very versatile. You can add more almond milk if you like your oatmeal more soupy or reduce the amount next time when prepping. For next time, I will most likely omit the greek yogurt and top with more fresh fruits(:

Taste: 4 stars out of 5
No me gusta Greek Yogurt.
Texture: 5 stars out of 5
Hearty and filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment