Saturday, May 15, 2010

First time making sago.



Refreshing Papaya Sago. Made them last night with my mom's help. There is absolutely no reason to pay so much for these simple desserts.. Make it yourself! Here goes the recipe. Note: The recipe is not perfected yet! (I would like to maybe put less water and more sago next time.)



Papaya Sago
-These are all approximate numbers. Feel feel to adjust to your liking.
1/3 cup of sago (I used 1/4 cup)
water to boil
1/4 papaya, chopped
1/4 papaya, blended
2 blocks yellow rock sugar
1/2 can of coconut cream
500 ml of water (I used 800ml and it was too watery)

Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Dump sago into boiling water. Stir.
Boil for a minute or two then turn off heat and cover.
Once the sago are clear (~15 mins), drain and rinse under cold water.

Bring 500ml water to a boil and put yellow rock sugar in.
After sugar dissolves, put in the chopped papaya.
(Boil for a bit of you like your papaya soften)
Turn heat off.
Pour in coconut cream, papaya purée, and sago into pot.
Stir and enjoy!


*Photo courtesy of my bff, Nicole.

1 comment:

  1. Yum :)

    I was originally a Biology major too! But I switched to Nutrition :)

    ReplyDelete